Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's Wedding Season!

Every spring, the wedding invitations and save-the-date cards begin arriving at my mailbox. After all: 'Tis the season for weddings!



My brother-in-law and his girlfriend got engaged last week. It was a huge celebration because they have been together for over a decade, and it was a long time coming. Emily, his now-fiancée, wrote on her Facebook page: "Let the wedding planning begin!" Even though I know she's been planning it for probably nine years (in her mind), she can finally be active about the actual planning instead of just dreaming and envisioning secretly.

Wedding planning has never been easier for blushing brides, thanks to the emergence of helpful websites, such as Pinterest and Tumblr, and tens of thousands of valuable wedding blogs and review sites, such as Yelp.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to 2007 when I began planning my big day, but also be armed with the beneficial and easily accessible information for today's bride. I don't regret much of my wedding planning, as nearly everything went off without a hitch; however, sometimes I see such cute ideas that I wish I had incorporated them into my wedding.

My husband and I are attending a wedding in Chicago this spring and I can't wait to see what details the couple put into the big day. It will be exciting to attend a wedding in such a big city, too! I'll be sure to take pictures and share them with you on this blog.

This Top 100 Wedding Blogs website makes finding ideas and wonderful wedding blogs even easier.


Talk to us! What was your favorite detail from your wedding? Share your pictures on our Facebook page!

Win a FREE Legacy Gown Preservation. The next drawing is April 30, 2012. Click here to enter!

No comments: